What to Expect with your internship
Participant Fee: Depending on the specific internship, there may be a cost associated. This cost covers training sessions, provided materials, etc.
Length of Assignment: Internships often occur over a summer, a semester, or for a full year. Our internships vary from two months to a year in length.
Lodging & Travel: You are required to stay in pre-approved areas during your internship. We do not provide lodging or housing but assist our interns in finding housing. For reference: housing, transportation, food/misc typically range from $1,000 - $1,500 per month depending on the city.
Transportation: For some metro areas like New York City, public transportation will be used the majority of the time. For other cities having your own car is best.
Health Considerations: You will be doing a lot of walking, so you must be in good physical condition.
Find Your Perfect Fit
Browse all internship and hands-on training opportunities Global Gates offers. Pathways is our flagship training opportunity but customized internships are also available in these other cities.
Major Responsibilities and Functions
- Share the gospel regularly (training provided) with unreached people groups specific to your gateway city.
- Assist with follow-up of interested people.
- Participate in discipleship of new believers.
- Handle administration or media assignments in-line with skills.
- Work under the direction of a Global Gates missionary.
- Raise financial support through your church or supporting organization to cover the length of the assignment.
- Demonstrates a mature walk with God as verified by lifestyle and references.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the Bible with its overarching narrative and can articulate the major tenets of the Christian faith to others.
- Evidences God’s gifting and leading to reach unreached people groups with the gospel.
- Has a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Has the experience to fulfill the job assignment.
- Is legally able to work in the USA or country of operation.
- Models healthy family relationships and standards.
- Shows evidence of good emotional, physical, financial and mental health.
- Demonstrates a healthy relationship with a local evangelical church.
- Agrees with the Lausanne Covenant and the Global Gates philosophy of ministry.
- Demonstrates relational skills to network with partners for raising salary and ministry support.