Become a long term member of the Global Gates team.
Global Gates recruits and raises up missionaries to start, or assist, work among the unreached people group communities in our North America UPG Matrix. View our primary and potential locations to view the most strategic metropolitan areas.
There are missionaries who join our work by raising ministry support through our organization, as well as those who become Global Gates Associates because they have other means to support themselves. We provide administration, vision, networking, training, and coaching for all our missionaries.
Global Gates Missionary Qualifications
- Demonstrates a mature walk with God as verified by lifestyle and references.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the Bible with its overarching narrative and can articulate the major tenets of the Christian faith to others.
- Evidences God’s calling, gifting and leading to reach unreached people groups with the gospel.
- Is age twenty-one or older (no maximum age).
- Has a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Has the experience to fulfill the job assignment.
- Is legally able to work in the USA or country of operation.
- Models healthy family relationships (click here to view our family standards).
- Has no credit card debt and all other loans (student, mortgage, etc.) are manageable.
- Shows evidence of good emotional, physical, financial and mental health.
- Demonstrates a healthy relationship with a local evangelical church.
- Agrees with the Lausanne Covenant and the Global Gates philosophy of ministry.
- Demonstrates relational skills to network with partners for raising salary and ministry support.
Long Term Mission FAQs
What is unique about Global Gates?
The niche Global Gates has in the missions world is reaching unreached peoples and places through the spread of the gospel from within global gateway cities. You can learn more about us through perusing our website, starting with our distinctives.
How do I know if God is calling me to serve with Global Gates?
As with most big decisions in following the Lord, you should devote much to prayer, Scripture, and counsel from your church and other Christians. Know who you are in Christ and what He is calling you to do.
You should also learn a lot about Global Gates. Know our story. Know what we focus on and what we don’t focus on. Begin asking if God is aligning our stories for a greater purpose together or if an alignment would actually hinder either of us from fulfilling our role in God’s story. Send us questions and set up times to meet with our personnel. If you move forward with applying to serve with Global Gates, our application process is designed to further seek counsel from others and know each other more deeply to discern God’s will.
To what extent are GG workers/teams permitted or encouraged to partner with other organizations?
Tremendously! We train our missionaries to ask the WIGTAKE (What’s it going to take?) question with their work. When asking that question, it inevitably moves our workers away from doing what they can do to forming strategic partnerships to do what needs to be done. Those partnerships range from community development projects with local Muslim associations to church planting with people and organizations closely aligned in theology and church polity.
Where does Global Gates work?
Visit our primary locations page to see the main cities where we have workers. Our other locations page shows cities where we also have workers. We would consider placing missionaries among the priority unreached people group communities in our UPG matrix or other locations worldwide that match our vision. Because our missionaries are seeking to reach the ends of the earth through global gateway cities, they are often strategically involved in spreading the gospel to people’s home countries and other diaspora communities around the world.