Mission Description Summary
The Training and Volunteer Coordinator plays a crucial role in mobilization and equipping more laborers to engage the least-reached in DFW. This role will help the hub leader and mission catalysts (MC) receive and train volunteer teams and provide logistical support to DFW’s Global Gates Pathways missionary training program. This role can be part-time or a function of a full-time team member with other responsibilities.
Major Responsibilities and Function
- Build relationships with churches and ministries to find training and project opportunities to increase evangelism and church planting among the unreached.
- Organize and schedule training and outreach events in collaboration with a mission catalyst
- Develop a tracking metric for training and outreach events
- As needed, help the training team during training events
- Provide logistical and communication leadership to the Pathways training program
- Provide pre-field training, logistical support, and planning for volunteer teams.
Why is This Position Needed?
In North America, there are thousands of churches and millions of believers. Mobilizing God’s people into God’s mission field is very important. It has been proven in other settings that projects and short-term teams are a catalyst for seeing movements to Christ birthed among the unreached. The DFW Hub team recognizes the need to train more broadly and receive more volunteer teams. This role will serve as a catalytic function to see more people entering lostness and sharing the gospel with the least reached in DFW.
Unreached people groups in DFW are spread throughout all the Metroplex. There are concentrations in cities such as; Richardson, Plano, Frisco, Arlington, Irving, Dallas, and Fort Worth. Ideally, the Training and Volunteer Coordinator will live in one of these cities but can be located conveniently anywhere in the Metroplex.
- Submit short monthly reports to the DFW Hub Leader.
- Meet or video conference with the DFW Hub Leader or assigned Mission Catalyst monthly to evaluate and strengthen the work.
Global Gates offers customized training for our missionaries called Pathways to Success. Depending on the missionary’s prior experience, Pathways could involve building skills in language learning, ethnographic research, mobilizing and training partners, spiritual formation, evangelism and discipleship, church planting methodology, and leadership. To become an effective Missions Catalyst, the missionary candidate may need to develop particular skills first. Global Gates offers a one-week Missions Catalyst training and ongoing coaching to assist missionaries in their task.
Team Member Characteristics
- Demonstrates a mature walk with God as verified by lifestyle and references.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the Bible with its overarching narrative and can articulate the major tenets of the Christian faith to others.
- Evidences God’s calling, gifting, and leading to reach unreached people groups with the gospel.
- Is age twenty-one or older (no maximum age).
- Has a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Has the experience to fulfill the job assignment.
- Is legally able to work in the USA or country of operation.
- Models healthy family relationships (click here to view our family standards).
- Has no credit card debt, and all other loans (student, mortgage, etc.) are manageable.
- Shows evidence of good emotional, physical, financial, and mental health.
- Demonstrates a healthy relationship with a local evangelical church.
- Agrees with the Lausanne Covenant and Global Gates’ Core Values.
- Demonstrates relational skills to network with partners for raising salary and ministry support.