Mission Description Summary
A Global Gates Associate is a committed volunteer with Global Gates who is not an employee but may raise ministry funds. Associates do not need income from Global Gates (e.g., retired individuals) and/or have other roles in life that demand most of their time (professionals, students, stay-at-home spouses, etc.). Global Gates works with Associates to converge their calling and abilities with the current ministry needs of Global Gates teams, gateway hub cities, or administration. Areas of focus could include evangelism, teaching English, community development, prayer, discipleship, fundraising, social media, research, website management, graphic design, volunteer coordinating, or other areas deemed strategic to lead to disciple-making and church planting.
Major Responsibilities and Function
- Major responsibilities and functions will be determined based on Global Gates needs and the calling and abilities of the Associate, but everything that is done will feed into the vision of reaching the ends of the earth through global gateway cities.
- Invest a minimum of five hours weekly to the assigned Global Gates ministry role.
- As the Lord leads, invest prayer and resources into the work of Global Gates.
- Write blogs and obtain material for blogs from Global Gates personnel that will highlight UPG communities.
- Inform people about UPGs in global gateway cities through social media such as facebook, instagram, linkedin, and twitter.
- Raise up financial supporters to support his or her work through Global Gates.
Why is This Position Needed?
Associates are vital to Global Gates’ mission of reaching the ends of the earth through global gateway cities. In most cases, Associates have defined roles within a team of other Global Gates missionaries. In some cases, Associates serve in leadership roles within our organization.
- Go through the Global Gates application process for Associates.
- Submit short monthly reports to the assigned supervisor.
- Submit an annual report to Global Gates leadership.
- Meet or video conference with the assigned supervisor once a month to evaluate and strengthen the work.
- Participate in team meetings.
Global Gates provides training for missionaries at all different stages.
Team Member Characteristics
- Demonstrates a mature walk with God as verified by lifestyle and references.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the Bible with its overarching narrative and can articulate the major tenets of the Christian faith to others.
- Evidences God’s calling, gifting and leading to reach unreached people groups with the gospel.
- Is age twenty-one or older (no maximum age)
- Has a high school diploma or equivalent
- Has the experience to fulfill the job assignment
- Is legally able to work in the USA or country of operation
- Models healthy family relationships
- Has no credit card debt and all other loans (student, mortgage, etc.) are manageable
- Shows evidence of good emotional, physical, financial and mental health
- Demonstrates a healthy relationship with a local evangelical church
- Agrees with the Lausanne Covenant and Global Gates’ Core Values
- Demonstrates relational skills to network with partners for raising salary and ministry support