Mission Description Summary
The Global Gates Director of Communications is the primary person responsible for communicating Global Gates news and information to its employees. The Director of Communications is also the primary person responsible for sharing the Global Gates vision, news, and information to the public through letters, email campaigns, social media, and the Global Gates website and blog.
Major Responsibilities and Function
- Work with Global Gates gateway hub leaders and leadership team to ensure quality communications processes are in place.
- Send internal newsletters every 2-4 weeks. Secure input from the Global Gates leadership team for each newsletter.
- Solicit and compile quarterly input from Global Gates missionaries for quarterly updates to donors and quarterly updates to e-subscribers.
- Attend a monthly online meeting with the Global Gates leadership team.
- Update the Global Gates website as needed using WordPress as our backend.
- Write blogs and obtain material for blogs from Global Gates personnel that will highlight Global Gates’ work and create awareness of the need for new workers.
- Navigate updates of Global Gates workers and other links, postings, quotes, etc. from like-minded people to pull information/links that would be helpful to post.
- Promote Global Gates through social media such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Help write thank you notes to Global Gates ministry partners.
- Update and maintain the Global Gates subscribers list.
- Work with the Global Gates Development Officer to produce development materials.
- Maintain cadre of Global Gates displays in Global Gates hubs for conferences and promotion.
- Maintain supply of Global Gates promotional materials and create new materials as needed.
- Raise up financial supporters to support his or her work through Global Gates.
- Think creatively about how to communicate Global Gates’ story and vision to our intended audience (partners, potential partners, potential missionaries and/or team members).
Why is This Position Needed?
Global Gates is continuing to expand its operations into multiple “gateway hubs” throughout the world. As a young organization that has moved beyond a centralized office in New York City, a Director of Communications is needed to ensure quality communication is taking place internally and externally with Global Gates news and information.
The Director of Communications may live anywhere, but access to quality Internet is a necessity. Most Global Gates leadership meetings take place through Zoom online video conferences.
- Submit short monthly reports to the Global Gates supervisor.
- Meet or video conference with the assigned Global Gates supervisor once a month to evaluate and strengthen the work.
- Provide mid-year and annual reports for Global Gates Board meetings.
Applicants should be competent writers and communicators, and should be adept at using social media and computer applications. We can provide training on other aspects of this role such as updating our website through WordPress. We also provide opportunities to learn more about missions and God’s work among unreached peoples in/through North America. We can also provide training/coaching for support raising.
Team Member Characteristics
- Demonstrates a mature walk with God as verified by lifestyle and references.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the Bible with its overarching narrative and can articulate the major tenets of the Christian faith to others.
- Evidences God’s calling, gifting and leading to reach unreached people groups with the gospel.
- Is age twenty-one or older (no maximum age).
- Has a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Has the experience to fulfill the job assignment.
- Is legally able to work in the USA or country of operation.
- Models healthy family relationships.
- Has no credit card debt and all other loans (student, mortgage, etc.) are manageable.
- Shows evidence of good emotional, physical, financial and mental health.
- Demonstrates a healthy relationship with a local evangelical church.
- Agrees with the Lausanne Covenant and Global Gates’ Core Values.
- Demonstrates relational skills to network with partners for raising salary and ministry support.