Mission Description Summary
The Global Gates Research Team Member works as part of the research team to identify, prioritize, and communicate where evangelists and missionaries are most needed among unreached people groups (UPGs) in North American gateway cities and around the world.
A research team member will focus on one or two of the items below based on the team member’s passions and skills, and the strategic needs of Global Gates. Below are some potential responsibilities and functions for a research team member.
Major Responsibilities and Function
- Work with Global Gates gateway hub leaders to receive and validate research, communicate networking opportunities, and know what groups to prioritize for mobilization efforts.
- Research a people group, write people group profiles for UPG North America, and create virtual prayerwalks through Google Earth.
- Create and update content on UPGNorthAmerica.com and the Global Gates website.
- Help manage the North America people groups database and UPGNorthAmerica.com.
- Create and maintain fresh, functional, and compelling visualizations for mobilizing prayer and laborers among priority people groups.
- Inform people about UPGs in global gateway cities through social media such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Attend a monthly online meeting with the Global Gates supervisor.
Why is This Position Needed?
Global Gates plays a key role in identifying the most significant unreached people groups located in North America. Global Gates is strategically positioned to influence the Body of Christ in responding to priority needs among North American unreached people group communities and, increasingly, in global gateway cities around the world. As we continue to expand our presence around the world, we will need to increasingly collaborate with other researchers and maintain the various databases and mobilization tools we manage
The Global Gates Research Team members may live anywhere, but access to quality Internet is necessary. Most Global Gates leadership meetings take place through Zoom online video conferences.
- Submit short monthly reports to the Global Gates Director of Research.
- Meet or video conference with the Global Gates Director of Research once a month to evaluate and strengthen the work.
Applicants should be competent writers and experience doing research. We can provide training on other aspects of this role. We also provide opportunities to learn more about missions and God’s work among unreached peoples in/through North America. We can also provide training/coaching for support raising.
Team Member Characteristics
- Demonstrates a mature walk with God as verified by lifestyle and references.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the Bible with its overarching narrative and can articulate the major tenets of the Christian faith to others.
- Evidences God’s calling, gifting and leading to reach unreached people groups with the gospel.
- Is age twenty-one or older (no maximum age).
- Has a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Has the experience to fulfill the job assignment.
- Is legally able to work in the USA or country of operation.
- Models healthy family relationships (see the Global Gates family standards).
- Has no credit card debt and all other loans (student, mortgage, etc.) are manageable.
- Shows evidence of good emotional, physical, financial and mental health.
- Demonstrates a healthy relationship with a local evangelical church.
- Agrees with the Lausanne Covenant and Global Gates’ Core Values.
- Demonstrates relational skills to network with partners for raising salary and ministry support.