Mission Description Summary
The Global Gates Student Mobilizer helps fulfill the mission of Global Gates by developing and implementing a strategic recruiting process to train, mentor and raise-up lifelong disciples of Christ to the nations from the college campuses of North America.
Major Responsibilities and Function
- Embed in a large church college ministry and/or a university ministry to create a mission education and on-the-ground training experience for potential missionaries that is conducive to college student’s schedules involving Global Gates’ Pathways Internship training, Sifting Weeks and a Pathways Internship mission trip.
- Model and train students in evangelism, disciple making, church planting, and leadership development, always looking for high-yield trainers to emerge for intentionally investing in and nurturing.
- Assist the Global Gates Director of Mobilization in developing and nurturing key relationships with leaders of pipelines for potential missionaries from seminaries, colleges/universities, and student ministries.
- Regularly communicate Global Gates’ vision to potential missionaries and student ministry partners at colleges/universities, churches, student mission conferences, seminaries, etc., and catalyze students to get involved in Global Gates’ mission.
- Evaluate and understand student missionary sending trends and advise Global Gates in adjusting strategies.
Why is This Position Needed?
Global Gates recognizes the importance of raising up the next generation for mission involvement. We want to better walk alongside them as they are completing their college education with training, mentoring, and practical involvement in spreading the gospel from within global gateway cities.
The Global Gates Student Mobilizer may live anywhere, but preferably the student mobilizer will live near a large church college ministry and/or a university ministry. Most Global Gates meetings take place through Zoom online video conferences making quality internet a necessity.
- Submit short monthly reports to a coach or supervisor.
- Meet or video conference with your assigned coach or supervisor once a month to evaluate and strengthen the work.
Team Member Characteristics
- Demonstrates a mature walk with God as verified by lifestyle and references.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the Bible with its overarching narrative and can articulate the major tenets of the Christian faith to others.
- Evidences God’s calling, gifting and leading to reach unreached people groups with the gospel.
- Is age twenty-one or older (no maximum age).
- Has a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Has the experience to fulfill the job assignment.
- Is legally able to work in the USA or country of operation.
- Models healthy family relationships (see the Global Gates family standards).
- Has no credit card debt and all other loans (student, mortgage, etc.) are manageable.
- Shows evidence of good emotional, physical, financial and mental health.
- Demonstrates a healthy relationship with a local evangelical church.
- Agrees with the Lausanne Covenant.
- Demonstrates relational skills to network with partners for raising salary and ministry support.