Mission Description Summary
A Global Gates Missions Catalyst’s primary task is to develop and implement a comprehensive plan to reach a particular unreached people group, or affinity of unreached people groups, with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
The Missions Catalyst builds an ecosystem of prayer, ministry, evangelism, discipleship, church multiplication and leadership development that, through the power of the Holy Spirit, births a multiplication of disciples and churches throughout the prioritized people group and beyond.
Major Responsibilities and Function
- Become an expert in the Indian Hindu worldview.
- Develop and/or obtain gospel resources (Bibles, audio Scripture, chronological Bible stories, testimonies, videos, etc.) in Hindi, English or other pertinent languages.
- Raise up laborers within the people group, and recruit laborers from outside of the people group, to saturate the people group with the gospel.
- Nurture a vision for the spread of the gospel, multiplication of disciples, and planting of churches among the unreached Hindus of Morrisville and through them to other communities of Hindus around the world.
- Create and implement a comprehensive prayer, ministry, evangelism, discipleship, church planting and leadership development plan (called a Master Plan) to stimulate church multiplication among these Hindus.
- Continually learn and implement best practices in church multiplication.
- Collaborate with other evangelicals to model and train in evangelism, disciple making, church planting and leadership development.
- As new believers emerge, give primary attention to them to nurture their role in leading the multiplying of disciples and churches.
- Evaluate and adapt methods based on what God has done and is doing.
Unreached People Group Information
Concentrated Area: Morrisville, NC
Population Estimate in the Triangle of NC: 40,000 people
Primary Religion: Hinduism
Primary Languages: Hindi/English
Why is This Position Needed?
Morrisville is a small town that makes up part of the Triangle Metro Area of NC. Yet this small town is full of South Asians mainly from India. It is evident in the shops and markets around Morrisville that when you arrive, you feel like you are in India. The largest Hindu temple in North America just opened on the Morrisville/Cary line.
South Asian Hindus have primarily made Morrisville, NC their home. Located near Raleigh and Cary, Morrisville contains Hindu association centers, temples, restaurants, grocery stores and other institutions that function as the center for Hindu cultural life in the Triangle. Gospel impact in Morrisville would ripple throughout the global Hindu population and their connections worldwide.
- Submit short monthly reports to a coach or supervisor.
- Submit an annual report to Global Gates leadership.
- Meet or video conference with the assigned Global Gates coach once a month to evaluate and strengthen the work.
Global Gates offers customized training for our missionaries called Gateways as well as providing coaching through the entire process. Depending on the missionary’s prior experience, Gateways could involve building skills in language learning, ethnographic research, mobilizing and training partners, spiritual formation, evangelism and discipleship, church planting methodology and leadership. To become an effective Missions Catalyst, the missionary candidate may need to develop particular skills first. Global Gates offers a one-week Missions Catalyst training and ongoing coaching to assist missionaries in their task.
Team Member Characteristics
- Missionary Qualifications – Must meet the general missionary qualifications required for Global Gates missionaries.
- Visionary – The Missions Catalyst needs to envision what God desires for the people group in a particular gateway city and through the people group’s communities around the world.
- Spiritually Mature – The Missions Catalyst needs to be spiritually mature and committed to sound evangelical beliefs and practices. He or she must know and obey God’s Word and point others to the authority of God’s Word. The Missions Catalyst must be a person of integrity. He or she is a person of prayer who expects God to demonstrate power in bringing the prioritized people group to Christ.
- Strategic – The Missions Catalyst needs to align tools, time, relationships and resources to accomplish God’s vision for the people group. He or she is strategic in partnering with the larger Body of Christ to accomplish more than one can do alone or on a small team.
- Intentional, focused, and disciplined – The Missions Catalyst needs to be a self-starter who is able to avoid distractions to maximize evangelism, discipleship and church multiplication among the prioritized people group. The Missions Catalyst must discern what is most fruitful to do with his or her time, and with whom that time should be spent.
- A Learner – The Missions Catalyst must be a lifelong learner committed to learning and sharing best practices for Kingdom advance among his or her people group.
- Passionate – The Missions Catalyst must have a sense of urgency. Members of the unreached people group are lost and dying every day without Jesus Christ.
- Faith-Filled Perseverance – The Missions Catalyst has faith that God will reach the prioritized people group. When obstacles arise, the Missions Catalyst tenaciously perseveres, clinging to the vision of the Lord birthing a church planting movement among the people group.