Job Description Summary
A Global Gates Strategy Coordinator’s primary task is to develop and implement an aggressive strategy to reach a particular unreached people group, or affinity of unreached people groups, with the gospel of Jesus Christ. The Strategy Coordinator builds an ecosystem of prayer, ministry, evangelism, discipleship, church multiplication, and leadership development that, through the power of the Holy Spirit, births a multiplication of disciples and churches throughout the prioritized people group and beyond.
Major Responsibilities and Function
- Abide in Christ.
- Become an expert on the assigned people group’s worldview.
- Develop and/or obtain gospel resources (Bibles, audio Scripture, chronological Bible stories, testimonies, videos, etc.) in the people group’s language(s).
- Raise up laborers within the people group, and recruit laborers from outside of the people group, to saturate the people group with the gospel.
- Nurture a vision for the spread of the gospel, multiplication of disciples, and planting of churches among the unreached people group in a gateway city and through them to other communities of that people group around the world.
- Create and implement a comprehensive prayer, ministry, evangelism, discipleship, church planting, and leadership development strategy to stimulate church multiplication movements among the people group.
- Continually learn and implement best practices in church multiplication.
- Collaborate with other evangelicals to model and train in evangelism, disciple making, church planting, and leadership development.
- As new believers emerge, give primary attention to them to nurture their role in leading multiplying movements of disciples and churches.
- Evaluate and adapt methods based on what God has done and is doing.
- Start multiple streams of disciple making and church planting to reach all population segments and networks of the people group within the gateway city and their communities worldwide.
- Network with partners for raising salary and ministry support.
Unreached People Group Information
Concentrated Area: Brighton Beach (Brooklyn)
Population Estimate in Metro New York: 28,500 people
Primary Religion: Islam (Sunni)
Primary Languages: Uzbek and Taji
Why is This Position Needed?
While many Uzbeks live in various parts of the United States, nearly half reside in New York City. They typically stay connected to family and friends back home while also working and interacting with other Central Asians peoples in NYC. Uzbeks in Brooklyn present many opportunities for the Gospel to spread among Central Asians, both here and back into Uzbekistan. With only a couple of known small groups of believers, there is still a great need for more laborers.
While Uzbek Muslims can be found scattered throughout Metro New York, even in surrounding areas such as New Jersey’s Morris County, the overwhelming majority reside in Brooklyn with high concentrations in Brighton Beach, Borough Park, Kensington, Ditmas Park, Midwood, Homecrest, and Sheepshead Bay. Uzbek restaurants, bakeries, shops, and community centers can be found here.
The majority of Uzbeks live, work, and shop in these communities. Gospel presence in Brooklyn’s “Little Uzbekistan” would have a global impact, starting in Brooklyn and to their networks worldwide.
- Submit short monthly reports to a coach or supervisor.
- Submit an annual report to Global Gates leadership.
- Meet or video conference with the assigned Global Gates coach once a month to evaluate and strengthen the work.
Global Gates offers customized training for our missionaries called Pathways to Success. Depending on the missionary’s prior experience, Pathways could involve building skills in language learning, ethnographic research, mobilizing and training partners, spiritual formation, evangelism and discipleship, church planting methodology, and leadership. To become an effective Strategy Coordinator, the missionary candidate may need to develop particular skills first. Global Gates offers a one-week Strategy Coordinator training and ongoing coaching to assist missionaries in their task.
Strategy Coordinator Specific Characteristics
Missionary Qualifications - Must meet the general missionary qualifications required for Global Gates missionaries.
Visionary - The Strategy Coordinator needs to envision what God desires for the people group in a particular gateway city and through the people group’s communities around the world.
Spiritually Mature - The Strategy Coordinator needs to be spiritually mature and committed to sound evangelical beliefs and practices. He or she must know and obey God’s Word and point others to the authority of God’s Word. The Strategy Coordinator must be a person of integrity. He or she is a person of prayer who expects God to demonstrate power in bringing the prioritized people group to Christ.
Strategic - The Strategy Coordinator needs to align tools, time, relationships and resources to accomplish God's vision for the people group. He or she is strategic in partnering with the larger Body of Christ to accomplish more than one can do alone or on a small team.
Intentional, focused, and disciplined - The Strategy Coordinator needs to be a self-starter who is able to avoid distractions to maximize evangelism, discipleship and church multiplication among the prioritized people group. The Strategy Coordinator must discern what is most fruitful to do with his or her time, and with whom that time should be spent.
A Learner - The Strategy Coordinator must be a lifelong learner committed to learning and sharing best practices for Kingdom advance among his or her people group.
Passionate - The Strategy Coordinator must have a sense of urgency. Members of the unreached people group are lost and dying every day without Jesus Christ.
Faith-Filled Perseverance – The Strategy Coordinator has faith that God will reach the prioritized people group. When obstacles arise, the Strategy Coordinator tenaciously perseveres, clinging to the vision of the Lord birthing a church planting movement among the people group.