Mission Description Summary
A Global Gates Fulbe Futa Team Member will work alongside the Strategy Coordinator within a comprehensive strategy to multiply disciples and churches among a focused unreached people group. Global Gates understands that each person brings unique gifts and abilities to the missionary task. The Strategy Coordinator will define the Team Member’s role based on the convergence of the missionary’s calling and skills with the strategy to reach the people group. Areas of focus could include teaching English, community development, evangelism, prayer, discipleship, fundraising, social media, research, website management, volunteer coordinating, or other areas deemed strategic by the Strategy Coordinator.
Major Responsibilities and Function
Major responsibilities and functions will be determined by the Strategy Coordinator, but everything that is done will feed into the larger strategy of gaining access to a people group to share the gospel, and multiplying disciples, churches, and leaders among the people group. The team will member will need be able to network to raise ministry support for this position or have other means to support themselves.
Why is This Position Needed?
There are over six million Fulbe Futa in the world, and only .01 percent are followers of Jesus among this group. The land of the Fulbe Futa , even from other ethnic groups. Thankfully, a noticeable number of the Fulani have migrated near Christians in New York, but only a small percentage have heard the gospel message. The number of Fulani Christians are growing globally, making the Fulbe Futa in New York one of the top priorities in all of North America for evangelists and church planters.
The Fulbe Futa are concentrated in the Bronx around 149th/Grand Concourse and 3rd Avenue in Morrisania reaching up to Crotona Park. These areas contain West African mosques, restaurants, grocery stores, and other institutions that function as the center for Fulbe cultural life in Metro New York. Gospel impact among the Fulbe Futa here would ripple throughout the Metro New York Fulbe Futa population and their connections worldwide.
- Submit short monthly reports to the Strategy Coordinator.
- Submit an annual report to Global Gates leadership.
- Meet or video conference with the assigned Global Gates Strategy Coordinator once a month to evaluate and strengthen the work.
Global Gates offers customized training for our missionaries called Pathways to Success. Depending on the missionary’s prior experience, Pathways could involve building skills in language learning, ethnographic research, mobilizing and training partners, spiritual formation, evangelism and discipleship, church planting methodology, and leadership. To become an effective team member, the missionary candidate may need to develop particular skills first. Global Gates offers coaching and opportunities in learning to assist missionaries in their task.
Team Member Characteristics
- Demonstrates a mature walk with God as verified by lifestyle and references.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the Bible with its overarching narrative and can articulate the major tenets of the Christian faith to others.
- Evidences God’s calling, gifting and leading to reach unreached people groups with the gospel.
- Is age twenty-one or older (no maximum age).
- Has a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Has the experience to fulfill the job assignment.
- Is legally able to work in the USA or country of operation.
- Models healthy family relationships (click here to view our family standards).
- Has no credit card debt and all other loans (student, mortgage, etc.) are manageable.
- Shows evidence of good emotional, physical, financial and mental health.
- Demonstrates a healthy relationship with a local evangelical church.
- Agrees with the Lausanne Covenant and Global Gates’ Core Values.
- Demonstrates relational skills to network with partners for raising salary and ministry support.