Global migration is not a random event of history, but a movement of people that God has ordained. Acts 17:26-27 declares,
“From one man he has made every nationality to live over the whole earth and has determined their appointed times and the boundaries of where they live. He did this so that they might seek God, and perhaps they might reach out and find him, though he is not far from each one of us.”
Even as God moves people, or allows people to move, around the globe, He prepares the heart of His Church to welcome them and share the Good News of Jesus – the Gospel – with them in their new home. Pathways will teach you skills that are practiced by cross cultural missionaries around the world. You will live out these skills with your new neighbors.
- Understanding the biblical worldview
- Knowing why the Biblical text is trustworthy
- Understanding the worldviews of Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, and Sikhs
- Handling objections from other faiths
- Partnering with God where He is at work
- Practicing disciple-making to the 4th generation
- Practicing church planting movement methodology
- Practicing tactical questions for truth sharing
- Building Bible Storying skills
- Effective cross-cultural communication of the gospel
- Spiritual warfare
- 4 Fields and Oikos mapping
- And more
- Experiencing God, by Henry and Richard Blackaby
- Spirit Walk, by Steve Smith
- Tactics, by Greg Koukl
- The Story of Reality, by Greg Koukl
- Church Planting Movements, by David Garrison
- T4T: A Discipleship Re-Revolution, by Steve Smith and Ying Kai
- Stubborn Perseverance, by James Nyman
- There is a fee for the internship which varies according to the city. (This fee will be expressed in the hub city application you will complete.) You will be expected to pay $100 when you are admitted to the internship with the remainder due by Labor Day.
- Interns will be asked to choose a people group and live relationally among them.
- Interns will work with a team leader who will mentor them in broad gospel seed sowing and living as a disciple.
- Classes will be held in person and/or by Zoom on Mondays and Tuesdays, from 6-9pm Central Time.
- Interns are responsible for their rent and all living expenses, approximately $2000 monthly in Houston, if sharing an apartment. These costs will certainly depend upon your city. We encourage interns to raise support as missionaries through their churches and friends. Interns may work part-time if necessary, keeping their Monday and Tuesday nights free for classes.
- Interns will be mobilized for an international mission trip to participate in an ongoing movement to Jesus Christ among a Muslim people in South Asia. They will then be allowed to travel to the country of their chosen UPG. This is approximately a 3-week overseas trip. The interns are responsible for the expense of their travel, lodging, visas, food, insurance, and translators. Approximately $2700.
- Interns need a passport that is valid for at least 18 months from the beginning of the internship.
Training from Experienced Missionaries
Pathways is geared to both full-time and part-time missionary interns. It is layman friendly, allowing for part-time work outside the internship. The Houston internship places interns in apartment complexes during the nine-month duration of the internship that house their chosen people group. Other hub-city leaders will determine the best way to locate interns in the living environment of their people group.
Monday and Tuesday nights from 6:00-9:00 Central Time are reserved for training. Veteran practitioners train interns in best missionary practices. Ministry and outreach will take place after business hours and on the weekends.
Each intern will develop a six-month strategy plan for establishing a church through David Garrison’s Strategy Coordinator Training Program.
Is this for you?
If you would like to get more information, please complete the general application that you will find by clicking here. It will open a Google Form that will go to the Pathways Director. He will then get back in touch with you or ask the Hub Leader for the city you choose to send you information for that city.
A Call to Action
Our desire is to see gospel transformation of the world’s most unevangelized people groups who have come to global gateway cities, and through them reach their communities around the world. Pathways will give you the foundation and the tools you need to be an effective ambassador for Christ wherever God may send you to live on mission.
Join us in reaching the ends of the earth through global gateway cities.
“The harvest is great, but the laborers are few.”
Enter the fields through the Global Gates Pathways Internship.
You are one who has been sent by God.
Links to blog posts about Pathways Texas
Pathways Texas Primes Intern with Best Practices
A God-sized Mission Beyond Dreams in Houston
Pathways Texas Gives Young Family Glimpse of Missionary Life