“Sifting Weeks” are a huge part of the day-to-day ministry we do. There are hundreds of thousands of Muslims in our area, many of whom are already searching and wondering about spiritual things. Your team will help us do the work of finding these People of Peace! That being said, this trip will be very heavy in prayer and personal evangelism. The only way to find People of Peace is to share Christ with people.
This year we will be focusing our efforts in Northern New Jersey. Your team members will engage people in the communities, learn about them, offer to pray for them, seek to share the Gospel with them, then ask them if they are willing to meet together again with their family/friends to hear more. We believe new groups of people studying about Jesus together can start as a result of our Sifting Weeks! Our prayer is that you would also gain something during this trip that you can return home with to be more effective in your own ministry.
Anticipated NJ Costs (transportation to NJ is not included to these costs):
- $150 – project fee/participant (This covers renting space for trainings, materials & resources we distribute, stipend for local workers, and other ongoing strategic projects).
- $50/person a night for hotel or dormitory housing (you should be booking at least 6 nights stay for each participant)
- $25-$30/day for food (can eat cheaper than this, but this is a safe bet)
Hotels are probably the best option for a place to stay in our area. Please make sure the number of people per room matches up to what you’re planning on (some rooms only hold 2 people or have fees for more than 2 people). For a hotel near where we’ll be working, with free breakfast and free parking, expect somewhere around $50/person per night, assuming the people on your team are okay with sharing a room.
Here are some hotels in or near Clifton, NJ. If you find a better rate, or choose to make other arrangements, please run it by us first before booking.
● La Quinta Inn & Suites (265 Rte 3 East, Clifton, NJ 07014)
● Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus (211 Route 17 South, Paramus, NJ 07652)
● Howard Johnson (680 NJ-3 West, Clifton, NJ 07012)
● Holiday Inn Express Paramus (50 State Rte 17, Paramus, NJ 07652)
There is public transportation in our area, but for the purposes of this trip, we highly suggest renting a vehicle. Using services like Uber and Lyft would also work and is easy to do, but will most likely be more expensive in the end, depending on where you are staying.
We do recommend smaller vehicles (for ease of parallel parking!). When we did a rough estimate with the company listed below it came out to be basically the same cost ($1,000 for 7 days) to do one 12-passenger van OR two 7-passenger minivans.
- Enterprise (1316 Main Ave, Clifton, NJ 07011)
We strongly encourage lunch/dinner to be eaten at local ethnic restaurants. Plan for a high estimate of $25-$30/day per person for food, and you should be good to go.