God brought Global Gates into being in 2012 through the collaboration of Brad and Sara W. and Chris and Nichole Clayman. Although we weren’t keen on starting a new organization, we knew an entity like Global Gates needed to exist to make disciples and start churches among, and through, the unreached people groups of Metro New York. Our vision and mission quickly expanded to include other global gateway cities and attracted involvement from global mission leaders such as David Garrison.
Today, we inspire, catalyze, and facilitate mission work among unreached people groups in many global gateway cities in various countries. We also work in some of the least-reached places of the world as we follow relational lines from unreached people groups in cities to their homelands.
Our Mission Plan
Raise the Missions climate in Gateway Cities
...by serving as an advocate for unreached people groups,
...by facilitating prayer initiatives focused on unreached people groups,
...by initiating and promoting missions to unreached people groups through seminars, speaking in churches, and through missions courses such as Perspectives,
...by partnering with Christians and churches to engage and serve among unreached people groups.
...by raising up and recruiting missionaries for evangelistic and church-planting initiatives among least-reached people groups in strategic gateway cities,
...by providing coaching, mentoring, and training for mission practitioners,
...by creating a peer-learning community with other missionaries to promote best practices in urban contexts.
Minister in Jesus' Name
...by responding to the felt needs of unreached people groups whom God has brought to our gateway cities,
...by helping Christians minister to the felt needs of unreached people groups whom God has brought to our gateway cities.
Plant Reproducing Churches
...by modeling obedience to Christ as the primary mark of a disciple,
...by developing and mentoring spiritual leaders for new churches,
...by planting biblical, contextual, transformational churches.
Launch Church Planting Movements Around the World
...by working through gateway-city relationships to evangelize, disciple, and plant churches,
...by advancing best-practices in church-planting movements through gateway-city relationships locally and globally.
Statement of Faith: What We Believe & Core Values
Global Gates Network agrees with the statement of faith adopted by the Lausanne Covenant.
Global Gates Network seeks to reproduce disciples and churches among unreached people groups. As a result, we will consistently focus our efforts on sharing the gospel with unreached people groups in a way that they can understand, and we will promote indigenous leadership, ministries, and churches to be birthed out of our organization. Some of our core values include:
- Believing and trusting in God to accomplish what He desires (Is 55:10-11, Matt 6:33-34).
- Focusing ministry on unreached people groups (Rom 15:20, Matt 28:19-20, Matt 24:14, Rev 7:9-10).
- Proclaiming the gospel in ways that it can be heard, understood, and received in one’s own cultural context (1 Cor 9:19-23).
- Doing good in the name of Jesus to all people (Gal 6:9-10).
- Multiplying disciples and churches (Matt 16:18, 2 Tim 2:2, Matt 24:14).
- Equipping churches and Christians to work among unreached people groups (Eph 4:11-12).
- Creating synergy in ministry by partnering with like-minded organizations and people (Eph 4:1-16, 1 Cor 12:12-30, Rom 12:3-8).
- Allowing Christ to transform our worldview (Rom 12:1-2, Col 1:13, 2 Cor 5:17, Eph 4:22-24).
- Following the teachings of the Bible to bear fruit as followers of Christ (1 Tim 3:16; Gal 5:22-26).
- Practicing obedience-based discipleship (Matt 7:21; Luke 6:46, John 14:15,21, James 1:22).