Global Gates’ ministry exists to see an ever-expanding network of churches being planted among unreached people groups. We will accomplish this by facilitating training for church planting movements among near-culture Christians, raising prayer efforts, and modeling evangelism among unreached people groups. Interns will serve from two months to one year on a Global Gates team in a gateway city, meeting weekly with team members and creating bridges for the gospel.
What to Expect
Depending on the specific internship, there may be a cost associated. This cost covers training sessions, provided materials, etc.
Length of Assignment
Internships often occur over a summer, a semester, or for a full year. Our internships vary from two months to a year in length.
The internship program involves transformative experiences for participants, including sharing the gospel with specific unreached groups, assisting with follow-up, and engaging in discipleship activities. Interns also contribute to administrative or media tasks, work under the guidance of seasoned missionaries, and raise financial support for the duration of their assignment. This well-rounded program offers a unique opportunity for personal and professional growth in a cross-cultural context.
Lodging & Travel
You are required to stay in pre-approved areas during your internship. We do not provide lodging or housing but assist our interns in finding housing. For reference: housing, transportation, food/misc typically range from $1,000 – $1,500 per month depending on the city.
For some metro areas like New York City, public transportation will be used the majority of the time. For other cities having your car is best.
You will be doing a lot of walking, so you must be in good physical condition.
Major Responsibilities, Functions & Qualifications:
- Share the gospel regularly (training provided) with unreached people groups specific to your gateway city.
- Assist with follow-up of interested people.
- Participate in discipleship of new believers.
- Handle administration or media assignments in-line with skills.
- Work under the direction of a Global Gates missionary.
- Raise financial support through your church or supporting organization to cover the length of the assignment.
- Demonstrates a mature walk with God as verified by lifestyle and references.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the Bible with its overarching narrative and can articulate the major tenets of the Christian faith to others.
- Evidences God’s gifting and leading to reach unreached people groups with the gospel.
- Has a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Has the experience to fulfill the job assignment.
- Is legally able to work in the USA or country of operation.
- Models healthy family relationships and standards.
- Shows evidence of good emotional, physical, financial and mental health.
- Demonstrates a healthy relationship with a local evangelical church.
- Agrees with the Lausanne Covenant and the Global Gates philosophy of ministry.
- Demonstrates relational skills to network with partners for raising salary and ministry